Do you want to work with us on award winning creative work, implementing digital solutions to creative ideas for a wealth of different companies?
Of course you do!
An enviable role has opened up at a Sheffield digital, design and advertising agency, Black Eye Project.
We are first and foremost a creative agency, and apply that ethos to all work that leaves the studio.
Fundamentally, we’re looking for someone who is open, curious and is looking for a high-freedom, low-control environment in which to develop both great work and their own skills.
- Work on projects that span from campaign apps, through to bespoke front-ends, point of presence WordPress sites, and legacy applications
- Work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of designers and illustrators, collaborating on bringing creative ideas to life
- The freedom to grow and improve our technology stacks, tooling, and technical approach to produce your best work
- Produce pixel-perfect front end designs, and robust, tested sites
- Communicate clearly and in a concise way, both internally and to clients
- Stay on top of new technologies and find ways of applying them in our work
- Be happy to step in and help junior members of the team
- Contribute to the entire creative process – you’re a part of the team, not the one in the corner
- Have a decent sense of humour. Please!
Essential experience with:
- Laravel, PHP
- Modern tooling: SCSS, Babel, ES6, Yarn/Npm, Webpack
- Server management: Apache, Nginx, provisioning, Unix shell
Even better if you have experience with (or a keen interest to learn):
- App development: Whether that’s using Cordova, Nativescript, or going native
- The latest in frontend: Knowing your service workers from your Brotli and WebPs
- Evolving tech stacks: You’re the expert, you know what tools are the best for a job
What we offer:
- Westfield Health insurance cover
- 20 days holiday to use as you wish, plus bank holidays, plus the Christmas period off
- Dog friendly workspace: say hello to Charlie and Vinnie
- Pension scheme
- A very healthy work-life balance
- £30,000 – 40,000, depending on experience
To apply, please send us:
- Your current CV
- Covering email introducing yourself and why you’d be great for the role
- An up-to-date portfolio which showcases some of your work